· By Robert Richardson
What To Write In A Congratulations Card
What To Write In A Congratulations Card
We’ve all been there, you’ve spent ages finding the perfect card, finally decide you have it absolutely spot on only to be faced with the decision of what to write inside. You stare in horror at that blank space, wondering how on earth you will fill it. This may be especially true when choosing a personalised card online. Fear not, we’ve got a few ideas to cover every occasion and situation so you’ll never get writer’s block again.
What To Write In a Personalised Wedding Card
Of course, what you really want to say is simply Congratulations but when it comes to conveying this in a card, you’re going to want to make it a little more personal and definitely give it a much warmer sentiment but this can be tricky if you don’t know both the Bride and Groom. Here’s a few ideas for personalised wedding cards that might just be your perfect match.
Casual Wedding Congratulations Messages
- Congratulations to a wonderful couple
- Congrats (insert names), hope you have an amazing day
- Congratulations, so happy for you both
- This calls for Congratulations (and celebratory drinks)
- Congratulations - here’s to a fabulous day
- Cheers to the happy couple, Congratulations
Formal Wedding Card Messages
- Warmest congratulations and best wishes for a happy life together
- Congratulations to you both on finding the perfect person to spend your life with
- Congratulations, wishing you a lifetime of happiness
- You two are clearly made for each other, enjoy your wedding day and lives together
- Wishing you every happiness as you step into the rest of your lives together
- Heartfelt congratulations on your special day
Personalised Wedding Card Messages if Attending
- Congratulations (insert names)! It means so much to us to share your special day
- Thanks so much for letting us share your happy day, congratulations!
- Congratulations, it means so much to see the beginning of your happy ever after
- Thank you for letting us share such a beautiful day with you
- We’re so happy to be celebrating your wedding day. Let’s party!
- Congratulations, thanks for letting us be a part of your special day.
Wedding Card Messages If You Can’t Attend
- Congratulations on your wedding day, so sorry we couldn’t be with you
- Congratulations (Insert names), I’ll be raising a glass to you both
- Thinking of you both on your special day, congratulations.
- Congratulations, I’m sorry I can’t be there but can’t wait to see the photos - especially the ones of (insert notorious friend/family member) on the dance floor
- Congratulations, even though we can’t make it, you’re in our thoughts.
What to Write in Personalised Exam Cards
From GCSEs, A-Levels and University Degrees to Driving Tests or Career Exams, you want the congratulations you send to let the recipient know exactly how proud you are of them. Here’s a few ideas of how to do that with your personalised exam card.
- Congratulations, all that hard work and determination really paid off
- Congratulations on passing uni, welcome to the real world!
- Congratulations, we’re so proud of you
- Knew you could do it! Huge congratulations
- Congratulations on passing your test, don’t worry I’ve warned local road users
- Well, it took a lot of hard work, a load of determination and a bit of Google but you did it! Congratulations.
- Congratulations on passing out, s**t’s about to get real!
- You should be so proud of your success, congratulations
New Baby Card Personalised Messages
A new baby arriving is such a precious time for all. Sending a personalised new baby card is a lovely way to mark the occasion and leave the new parents with a lasting keepsake, so you’ll want your message to be remembered for all the right reasons.
Every family is different, for example, there may already be children in the fold in which case it’s often nice to address them too. If both parents are involved, make sure you include them both. When thinking about what to write in any congratulations cards, it’s important to remember the type of relationship you have with the recipient, if you’re usually casual and jovial then let that shine through. A new baby is a perfect time to let a friend or family member know how much you care.
New Baby Card Wording Ideas
- Welcome to the world baby, (name). Wishing you, mummy and daddy all the health and happiness in the world (and lots of sleep!). So many happy times ahead
- Congratulations on your beautiful bundle of joy – she/he is so gorgeous!
- Congratulations on the arrival of little (name)! I can’t wait to be part of her life and watch her grow into the beautiful person I know she’ll be.
- She’s/He’s here! Well done on creating a miniature version of you both.
- Congratulations, I can’t wait for lots of cuddles.
- Congratulations on the birth of (name) We’re so happy for you both. What a lucky baby he is to have such amazing parents.
- Congratulations on your new arrival, here’s to a lifetime of new adventures.
- This precious little baby is such a gift to you both and you are such a blessing to them. Congratulations to your beautiful family.
- Hello Baby, Goodbye Sleep! Congratulations.
You may wish to send a heartfelt message of support if there were difficult circumstances or after tirelessly fighting to become a family. We have a couple of suggestions that you can tweak to suit the situation.
- Some babies are extra precious... I’m so pleased Baby (name) is getting all the care and love he/she needs in the hospital. I know they will be home in your arms very soon.
- Welcome to the world Baby (name)! Sending lots of love and strength to you, daddy and especially mummy, we hope she has a speedy recovery. Let us know if you need anything at all in the meantime.
- Welcome to the world baby (name) You and your daddies have been on such a special journey to get here and we can’t wait to meet you!
- you were born to be a mum/dad. I’m so proud of you for taking this step. This baby is going to have such a beautiful life with you.
What to Write in New Home or New Job Cards
Big changes in someone’s life such as a new home or new job are huge milestones and deserve to be marked with something to cheer them on. The less serious nature of these types of personalised cards means you can be a little extra cheeky - only read on if you’re not easily offended!
- Congratulations on buying your first home, you’re proper adults now!
- Congratulations on your new home - hope your new neighbours are as awesome as us
- Have a great time making your new house your new home.
- Not saying you’re bad neighbours but your old street has flags flying
- Congratulations on the new home. If you need anything moving, painting, cleaning or sorting, text someone else!
New Job Cards Messages
- Congratulations on the new job, you’ve earned it
- Congratulations on finally leaving that s*** hole!
- Good luck finding a team as amazing as us at your new job!
- Congratulations on your new job! Wishing you every success
- Congrats, Traitor!
- Your new job sounds perfect. Wishing you the best in your new role. Good luck!
Whatever you decide to write in your chosen card, it really is the thought that counts. The fact that you’ve put time and effort in finding the perfect card can often say it all.